Kat Wildish Open Class Schedule
The Latest Tweets From Kat Wildish
Private Lessons $100./per hour PLUS Studio Rental Fee at Ripley-Grier Studios.
• All Students prepare three things they want to work on in their lessons.
• Please come warmed up so we can proceed without taking too much time preparing the muscles and prevent injuries.
• Currently all private lessons are scheduled at: Ripley-Grier Studios
• No less than 48 hours notice for cancellation. If you must cancel, please let Kat Wildish know as soon as possible.
* Cash Only
Please contact Kat Wildish for Private Lessons
InternationalPlease click the page International Teaching
Over three decades of teaching, Kat Wildish has developed a distinctive, systematic, and highly effective approach to dance education. In her beginner & intermediate technique classes, correct placement is the root of Kat’s pedagogy. She gives a long barre and her entire syllabus is constructed to demand constant awareness of skeletal alignment, core strength, and proper weight distribution. Plus, she nags. The intricacy of her combinations ensures that students learn to pick up steps quickly and accurately, so they’re ready for anything that another teacher—or an audition—might throw at them.
Kat’s classes are sparked by humor, but her witticisms always have a purpose: She takes her students seriously, whatever their technical level, A broad spectrum of ages and body types are represented, and she attracts an unusually high proportion of men.
Wildish never forgets that ballet is a performing art. Her repertory workshops offer anybody—professionals to complete novices—the chance to rehearse and appear in stagings of classical ballets. She also teaches four-week pointe/variations classes, exploring the fundamentals of pointe work and coaching dancers in classical variations (e.g., Amor from Don Quixote; Sugar Plum Fairy from Nutcracker).
And finally, there is attitude: Wildish teaches more than technique; she cultivates a sense of individual presence. Her classes promote balance, focus, and grace as students move through class—and through life.
BOOK NOW FOR A BALLET PACKAGEWITH MASTER TEACHER KAT WILDISH
TRAVELING TO NEW YORK CITY?
Open classes can sometimes be intimidating. Kat Wildish can give your group and/or school an intensive and authentic big-city ballet experience without the hassle.
WANT A GUEST TEACHER IN YOUR STUDIO? Have leotard, will travel! Kat Wildish can bring her expertise to your students for a half day, a full day, a weekend or longer.
OUTSIDE THE U.S.? Ms. Wildish travels to Italy with her husband, photographer Arthur Coopchik, every summer, and it’s possible she could add your country to her itinerary, time permitting.
KAT WILDISH’S MASTER CLASSES include:
• Classical ballet classes—warmup, barre, center—incorporating diverse training techniques, from American Ballet Theatre and New York City Ballet to Vaganova, Cechetti, and RAD ( Royal Academy of Dance).
• Up-to-date scientific info on stretching, cross-training, anatomy, placement.
• Male and female variations and corps choreography excerpted from classical ballets, including mime and pointe work where appropriate.
• Ballet crafts workshops may be added (simple tiaras, fairy and sylph wings, ballet skirts, pointe-shoe ribbon sewing, coloring pages). Materials fee applies.
• A 40-minute showing for parents can be arranged, with an intro to ballet and sample exercises.
PRICES: Please note that all fees can be adjusted to suit your studio’s budget!
FOR CLASSES IN NEW YORK CITY:
75-minute class plus 15 minutes for photos and Q&A for up to 25 students: $250, plus studio rental ($25-65 per hour). Each additional hour, or part of an hour, is $150. Private one-on-one classes can be booked as time and space allows at $100 per hour, plus studio fee ($12-22 per hour).
FOR CLASSES AT YOUR HOME STUDIO:
$450 for a half-day (3 hours), plus travel expenses to and from New York City.
$800 per 6-hour day for a longer visit, plus suitable accommodations (quiet, smoke- and pet-free, convenient to studio) and travel expenses to and from New York City.
Private coaching as well as group classes can be part of the package.
Kat Wildish Presents:
March ADULT PERFORMANCE INTENSIVE
NYC Adult Ballet Intensive with Matteo Corbetta
“March 20,22,24. 2018 And two Performances Sunday 25 Evening Rehearsals
Kat Wildish Presents : has commissioned a ballet for everyone all levels of Dancers to open
our Spring shows “Baccanale” New York Premire.
Costumes , Reh and performance fees all inclusive.
Tuesday, Thursday 9pm and Saturday 4:30-6pm,
Travel, accommodations, food and shopping not included
Fees: $250. http://gotokat.com/march2018workshop